Sunday, March 11, 2018

Evening Browse: Flake vs.Trump, Spectator USA, and Horror in the Twin Cities

Senator Jeff Flake has said he thinks someone should primary President Trump. It shouldn't come as a surprise that he thinks he's the man for the job. I think it's a bit early to be so vehemently opposed to the man. Yes, he's crass, and quite annoying at times, but suppose North Korea does pan out. What then? I believe President Trump will eventually trip up. But I hope he doesn't. These people really are thin skinned -- I suppose every generation has had its fair share of snowflakes.

The Spectator is launching an American edition -- or at least a website. It looks good, and I look forward to reading it regularly.

A story has been unfolding in Minnesota these last few weeks. Two twin girls were severely abused and raped by their father. There we a lot of warning signs, but nothing was done to protect these two young women. The neighbors are saying, we called the police, we called child protective services, and they did nothing. I think this incident, however, isn't just an indictment of government but of community.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment